Athens / Patras , Greece (in our Development Center)
Location: Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
Employment Status: Permanent / Full Time
Education: Master's Degree
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for a Senior IC Design/Verification Engineer to join our team. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Location: Athens/Patras, Greece
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a Senior Design/Verification Engineer you will be required to have specialized depth and breadth of expertise. You will be asked to interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices. You will be asked to solve complex problems while at the same time work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
As a Senior Design/Verification Engineer you will be requested to:
- Undertake the role of planning the development and verification activities for complex IP blocks
- Design complex graphics and machine learning algorithms using advanced techniques for low power designs and high-speed designs
- Verify the designs using advanced verification methodologies (unit level tests, top level tests, formal, UVM)
- Ensure code and design Quality Of Results (QoR) with various front-end tools (Spyglass/JasperGold and DC/Genus)
- Assist to the validation of the designs in FPGA or silicon
- Good knowledge of HDL design in any of the following subjects: SoC integration, embedded CPU, AXI/AHB bus-systems, co-processors
- Good knowledge of ASIC design tool usage (front-end simulation and implementation)
- Experience with SystemVerilog/VHDL
- Experience in a UVM verification environment
- Experience with C and embedded software programming
- Linux environment, shell programming, revision control systems and scripting (bash/tcshell, TCL, Perl, Python)
- Experience in GPU designs or background in computer graphics is a big plus
- Experience in hardware accelerators, DSP, Low power design, test and verification
- Gate Level Simulations (e.g. power aware verification or DfT)
- Formal methodologies/tools (JasperGold, Onespin, VC formal)
- FPGA prototyping, test and verification
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.