Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
Location: Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
Employment Status: Permanent / Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Think Silicon® was acquired by Applied Materials in 2020, as part of their AI Business Unit.
Think Silicon® is on a mission to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world and we would love for you to join our great team to help us accomplish this!
Every employee in Think Silicon® makes an impact on the business and can measure progress clearly. It’s a very cool environment where the dress code is relaxed and there are interactions with co-workers every day – you really feel a sense of belonging!
There are plenty of benefits to working in Think Silicon® like flexibility, meal allowance, recognition for great work, rewards for performance and the opportunity to develop.
So how can you become part of this great company? We are currently looking to hire a Technical Writer/Documentation Engineer to join our team. This is a permanent and full-time role and is based in our Development Centre in Athens or Patras, Greece.
Relocate to Greece
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- You can also benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
What you can expect from our Technical writer role:
- You will be an important part of a fast scaling engineering team responsible for the quality, consistency and accuracy of the technical documentation content, for both internal and external technologies.
- You will work collaboratively with engineers, customer support, developers and field application engineers to make our products easier to integrate and use.
- You will get the opportunity to research and analyse the needs of our target audience when developing technical documentation and user materials, conducting in-depth interviews with R&D engineers and be able to then understand and document product, process or procedure.
- You will use your expertise and experience to design, write and edit technical and process documentation, ensuring consistent documentation formats throughout all of our products.
What Think Silicon® expects from you:
- We are looking for someone who has expert in Docs-as-Code using AsciiDoc, Markdown and LaTeX.
- Experience in technical diagrams and related illustration tools.
- You will also need to have the ability to read and understand example code in a programming language such as Python, C/C++ etc.
- Experience working with Git or similar distributed version control system.
- Strong experience in Git and Automatic Documentation generation in Continuous Integrations platforms (Jenkins) is also a requirement.
- This is a new role and requires someone with high level of expertise in the above technical skills and competencies. Therefore, we would like to see someone who has worked in a similar industry, with at least 2 years of experience in an identical or related role.
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
Think Silicon® is a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. We develop and license high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon® was acquired by Applied Materials in 2020, as part of their AI Business Unit.
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries, our engineering solutions are used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.