Athens, Attiki, Greece
Location: Athens, Attiki, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Are you interested in accelerating the AI and Big Data inflection across industries? Are you customer-obsessed, experienced, entrepreneurial, and looking for your next challenge?
Then this may be the role for you!
The Applied Materials’ AI and Big Data team is actively recruiting for a highly motivated, energetic, and accomplished System / Firmware validation Engineer to push beyond the state-of-the-art systems. These can span new IoT Edge systems, mobile and connectivity systems, and high-performance Data analysis.
This role requires expert technical communication skills with cross-functional teams across system architects, hardware engineers, AI application, and core technology groups to drive the incubation of new technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production.
This position will be based in our development centre in Athens, Greece
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- You may be eligible for the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Validation of our Hardware platform and Firmware.
- You will manually test and create automated tests and firmware test to ensure that requirements are complete.
- You will be planning activities such as defining, creating, planning and designing the test strategy.
- You will be responsible for identifying and tracking the risks in the project test life cycle.
- It will be your responsibility to track and capture test metrics like test schedule, test quality, test configuration management, Feature / Functions Pass Criterion, Critical, Major, Minor etc., and test project management documents, ensuring that the right tools and technologies are chosen for this testing.
- You will get the opportunity to work with other project teams to identify, select / prioritize development of future projects.
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Electronics or Computer Science;
- 7+years in software & Firmware engineering with focus on testing, problem solving and validation of embedded firmware products;
- Hands-on expert in software test strategy, test process, test environment setup, test planning and execution along with test status reporting;
- Hands-on expert in software test strategy, test process, test environment setup, test planning and execution along with test status reporting.
- Proficient in working with embedded software and analysis equipment (i.e. different Software protocol analyzers, test boxes, oscilloscopes, Multi meter);
- At least 5 years’ hands on experience scripting language like Python, Jscript and writing code in C, language;
- Knowledge of AI and Machine Learning systems a plus.
- At least 5 years’ hands on experience scripting language like Python, Jscript
- Excellent RCA (Root Cause Analysis), trouble shooting and documentation required;
- Ability to travel internationally (10%).
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, Visio)
- Disciplined and well-organized in software and firmware documentation and presentation
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.