Athens, Attiki, Greece
Location: Athens, Attiki, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel:Yes, 20% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Interested in accelerating the AI and Big Data inflection across industries? Are you customer-obsessed, experienced, entrepreneurial, and looking for your next challenge?
The Applied Materials’ AI and Big Data team is actively recruiting for a highly motivated, energetic, and accomplished AI Systems engineer to push beyond the state-of-the-art systems. These can span new IoT Edge systems, mobile and connectivity systems, and high-performance Data analysis. This role requires expert technical communication skills with cross-functional teams across system architects, hardware engineers, Firmware, AI application, and core technology groups to drive the incubation of new technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production.#LI
This position will be based in our development centre in Athens, Greece
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Design or modify electrical/electronic engineering assemblies, layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope
- Support the Firmware and software development hardware platform bring up
- Work with local and international teams and vendors to get technical support and components
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of complex electrical problems with limited supervision
- Define, coordinate, perform and generate engineering test reports with limited supervision
- Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision
- Implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and electrical solutions of difficult scope
- Generate electrical product specifications
- Specify and review engineering documentation
- Knowledge in Firmware especially in Linux is a big advantage.
- Minimum requirement of BS in EE, CE or relevant hands on experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as an Electronics engineer
- Experience developing hardware that interfaces with memory, storage, cameras, sensors, security devices and other embedded hardware
- Experience with building and " bring-up" of CPU based electronic system
- Experience with lab equipment including, power supplies, meters, Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer, and more
- Hands-on with electronics assembly and debugging including soldering and jigging
- Good debugging and trouble shooting skills. Document comprehensively
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to work with remote teams in the USA and India
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English
- Ability to travel internationally 20%
Tools and Technology
- Use of signal/logic analyzers is a must
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, Visio)
- Disciplined and well-organized in software and firmware documentation and presentation
- Jira and Configuration management tools
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.