Athens or Patras, Greece
Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Greece with offices in Patras and Athens.
Since Think Silicon’s founding in 2007, it has continued to grow, and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, permanent Senior Embedded Graphics Software Engineer position.
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a Senior Embedded Graphics Software Engineer in Think Silicon SA, you will be part of a fast-scaling R&D team, responsible for developing solutions for the company’s computer graphics IPs. As an integral part of the engineering teams, you will design, develop and optimize APIs, libraries, drivers and tools for the company’s embedded accelerators.
- Development of software in C and C++ for MCU-based embedded systems
- Design and verification of firmware/embedded software on graphics accelerators
- Adaptation of computer graphics related algorithms to custom HW architectures
- Creation of prototype/proof-of-concept implementations
- Assurance of platforms meeting required functionality and performance goals
- Development of software drivers/APIs and algorithms
- Provision of technical guidance for system analysis and identification of optimization opportunities
- Support validation and benchmarking plans
- 10+ years of relative experience
- BS/MS in computer engineering, information technology or mathematics
- Solid experience in C/C++ programming in embedded systems
- Deep understanding of computer graphics algorithms
- Experience with source code management and ticket management (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Self-driven, proactive and motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English
- Basic understanding of AI/ML concepts.
Tools & Technologies
- Massively parallel hardware processing architectures
- GCC/LLVM toolchains and debugging tools on Linux platforms
- 2D/3D/VG Graphics APIs (e.g. OpenVG, OpenGL)
- 2D/3D/VG Graphics algorithms
- Geometry and transformations
- Curves (e.g. Bezier, Arcs)
- Shading and lighting
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.