Athens or Patras, Greece
Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s Definition of Winning.
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics and AI IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Greece with offices in Patras, Athens, and North America.
Since Think Silicon’s founding in 2007, it has continued to grow, and we currently have an exciting, full-time, permanent opportunity for a Senior Graphics Software Engineer position.
As a Senior Graphics Software Engineer in Think Silicon SA, you will be part of a fast scaling R&D team, responsible for developing solutions for the company’s computer graphics IPs. You will work as an integral part of the engineering teams to design, develop and optimize libraries for the company’s accelerators.
- We offer a very generous relocation package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Development of software (API implementations, libraries and applications) in C and C++ for mobile and embedded systems
- Design and verification of software on graphics accelerators
- Drive adaptation of established computer graphics related algorithms to custom HW architectures
- Create prototype/proof of concept implementations
- Verify that platforms meet required functionality, quality and performance goals
- Develop software drivers/APIs and algorithms
- Provide technical guidance for system analysis and identify optimization opportunities
- Support validation and benchmarking plans
- 10+ years of relative experience
- BS/MS in computer engineering, information technology or mathematics
- Experience in C/C++ programming in embedded systems is a plus
- Deep understanding of computer graphics algorithms is a must
- Experience with source code management and ticket management (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Self-driven, proactive, and motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English
Tools & Technologies
- Massively parallel hardware processing architectures
- 2D/3D/VG Graphics APIs (e.g. OpenVG, OpenGL)
- 2D/3D/VG Graphics algorithms
- Geometry and transformations
- Curves (e.g. Bezier, Arcs)
- Shading/lighting (e.g. Physically Based Rendering)
- Rendering techniques (e.g. IMR, TBR, Deferred)
- GCC/LLVM toolchains and debugging tools on Linux platforms
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Generous relocation package
- Development & Training opportunities.
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $23.1 billion
- Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.5 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~27,200 worldwide
- Patents: ~14,300 issued
“Applied Materials closed fiscal 2020 with record quarterly performance as demand for our semiconductor systems and services remains very strong,” said Gary Dickerson, president, and CEO. “Our future opportunities have never looked better and, as powerful technology trends take shape, we are uniquely positioned to accelerate our customers’ roadmaps and outperform our markets.”
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.