Athens or Patras, Greece
Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Master's Degree
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s Definition of Winning.
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics and AI IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Greece with offices in Patras, Athens, and North America.
Since Think Silicon’s founding in 2007, it has continued to grow, and we currently have an exciting, full-time, permanent opportunity for a Senior IC Design/Verification Engineer.
- We offer a very generous relocation package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a Senior IC Design/Verification Engineer you will be required to have specialized depth and breadth of expertise. You will be asked to interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices. You will be asked to solve complex problems while at the same time working independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Undertake the role of planning the development and verification activities for complex IP blocks
- Design complex graphics and machine learning algorithms using advanced techniques for low power designs and high-speed designs
- Verify the designs using advanced verification methodologies (either unit level tests, top level tests, formal, UVM etc)
- Ensure code and design Quality Of Results (QoR) with various front-end tools (Spyglass/JasperGold and DC/Genus)
- Assist on the validation of the designs in FPGA or silicon
- Good knowledge of HDL design in any of the following subjects: SoC integration, embedded CPU, AXI/AHB bus-systems, co-processors, peripherals
- Experience of ASIC and/or FPGA design tool usage (front-end simulation and implementation)
- Experience with SystemVerilog/VHDL
- Experience in a UVM verification environment and/or formal tools
- Experience in Power Performance Area optimizations and flows
- Experience with C and embedded software programming
- Linux environment, shell programming, revision control systems and scripting (bash/tcshell, TCL, Perl, Python)
- Experience in GPU designs or background in computer graphics is a big plus
- Experience in hardware accelerators, DSP
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Generous relocation package
- Development & Training opportunities.
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $23.1 billion
- Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.5 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~27,200 worldwide
- Patents: ~14,300 issued
"Applied Materials closed fiscal 2020 with record quarterly performance as demand for our semiconductor systems and services remains very strong,” said Gary Dickerson, president and CEO. “Our future opportunities have never looked better and, as powerful technology trends take shape, we are uniquely positioned to accelerate our customers’ roadmaps and outperform our markets.”
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.