Athens or Patras, Greece
Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Principal IC Design Engineer (Permanent / full time)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a Principal IC Design Engineer, you will be recognized as an expert within the company, anticipating internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues, recommending process, product or service improvements. You will be able to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. The successful candidate for this role will contribute to the development of functional strategy and lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives.
As a Principal IC Design Engineer for Think Silicon, an Applied Materials Company, you will be requested to:
- Provide hardware design solutions for complex graphics and machine learning algorithms.
- Undertake the role of planning the development and verification activities for complex IP blocks using state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Collaborate with customer IC teams to reach successful integration of IP cores and tape-outs. Have deep expertise and ability to contribute to multiple technical areas of expertise and be able to lead chip design activities in at least one domain.
- Apply subject matter expertise to proactively address issues in own and adjacent design phase.
- Troubleshoot complex problems within a variety of steps in the IC design process under limited supervision. Provide guidance and consultation to others. Technical mentor for more junior members.
- Follow complex program schedules, budgets, and milestones and provide input and guidance on program deviations.
- Identify and propose solutions to complex challenges in cross-functional team environment.
- Expert knowledge on digital design: SoC integration, embedded CPU, bus-systems, peripherals, co-processors, memories, clock and power management, external interfaces, low power design, test and verification.
- Very good knowledge of ASIC design tool usage (front-end simulation and implementation) Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor.
- Experience with SystemVerilog / VHDL.
- Experience with C and embedded software programming.
- Linux environment, shell programming, revision control systems and scripting.
- Experience in a UVM verification environment.
- Experience with FPGA prototyping, test and verification.
- Gate Level Simulations (e.g. power aware verification or DfT).
- Be a hardware engineer expert in your field.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function.
- Conceptual and Innovative thinking to solves unique and complex problems.
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.