Athens or Patras, Greece
Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s Definition of Winning.
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics and AI IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Greece with offices in Patras, Athens, and North America.
Since Think Silicon’s founding in 2007, we have continued to expand our team globally and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, permanent QA Engineer position.
As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer / AI Technologies in Think Silicon SA, you will be part of a fast-scaling R&D team, responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. As an integral part of the engineering teams, you will need to obtain a high level of understanding of the applications and product testing requirements for technologies and tools developed by Think Silicon.
- We offer a very generous relocation package to help you move/return to Greece.
- You can also benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- You will be involved in the creation and implementation of strategies for quality coordination and testing.
- You will use your expertise to make suggestions on solutions to identified product problems.
- KPIs identification will be an important task in this role.
- You will be responsible for the collection and monitoring of quality data, timely acknowledging of deficiencies.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution.
- You will participate in the preparation and presentation of reports and metrics to Senior Management.
- 5+ years of experience as Quality Assurance Engineer
- BS/MS in computer engineering/information technology
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development strategies, and related frameworks (Jenkins, etc)
- Solid experience in C/C++ programming
- Good understanding of bare-metal/RTOS-based systems
- Solid experience in Makefiles, Bash, and Python Scripting
- Experience with source code management and ticket management (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Self-driven, proactive, and motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English
Tools & Technologies
- Professional experience on CI/CD pipeline frameworks (Jenkins)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. Google Test, Unity/CMock/Ceedling)
- Knowledge of GCC toolchain and debugging tools on Linux platforms
- Data visualization tools and methodologies (e.g. Jenkins plot, gnuplot, python)
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Generous relocation package
- Development & Training opportunities.
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $23.1 billion
- Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.5 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~27,200 worldwide
- Patents: ~14,300 issued
“Applied Materials closed fiscal 2020 with record quarterly performance as demand for our semiconductor systems and services remains very strong,” said Gary Dickerson, president, and CEO. “Our future opportunities have never looked better and, as powerful technology trends take shape, we are uniquely positioned to accelerate our customers’ roadmaps and outperform our markets.”
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.