Athens, Attiki, Greece
Location: Athens, Attiki, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Interested in accelerating the AI and Big Data inflection across industries? Are you customer-obsessed, experienced, entrepreneurial, and looking for your next challenge?
The Applied Materials’ AI and Big Data team is actively recruiting for a highly motivated, energetic, and accomplished Embedded Firmware Engineer to push beyond the state-of-the-art systems. These can span new IoT Edge systems, mobile and connectivity systems, and high-performance Data analysis.
This role requires expert technical communication skills with cross-functional teams across system architects, hardware engineers, AI application, and core technology groups to drive the incubation of new technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production.
This position will be based in our development centre in Athens, Greece
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- You will be involved in the development of firmware in C and C++ in embedded systems.
- You will be responsible for the design and verification of firmware/embedded software on AI platforms.
- Driving adaptation of reference designs for new AI applications is an important task in this role
- You will be expected to verify AI platforms to ensure they meet required functionality and performance goals.
- You will provide firmware support to bring up silicon-based AI platforms
- You will be involved in the Development of firmware/software drivers, API’s and algorithms
- You will use your expertise to provide technical guidance for system analysis
- You will get the opportunity to support validation and benchmarking plans
Key RequirementsWe are looking for candidates with strong experience in the below:
- Solid experience in C/C++ programming for embedded systems is a must.
- Work experience in using Embedded Linux or RTOS is a must.
- Ability to trace difficult problems using a variety of tools (debugger, JTAG emulator, logic analyzer, oscilloscope).
- Ability to trace difficult problems using a variety of tools (debugger, JTAG emulator, logic analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Experience with source code management and ticket management tools. (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Experience with source code management and ticket management tools. (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Knowledge of serial interfaces and peripherals (I2S, I2C, SPI, ADCs, DACs)
- Knowledge of GCC compiler/linker and debugging tools on Linux platform.
- Exposure to the Agile process and best-practice methods for developing high quality software.
- Flexible, motivated, self-driven, with the ability to work with remote teams in the USA and India.
- Good Knowledge of communication protocols TCP/IP, security protocols. Knowledge of AI and Machine Learning a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Jscript and Python for unit test and developing test harness desired.
- Use of signal/logic analyzers desirable.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, Visio)
- Disciplined and well-organized in software and firmware documentation and presentation.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English.
- Ability to travel internationally 10%
- 5+ years of embedded firmware development experience
- BS/MS in computer science, information technology, electronics, electrical or embedded software engineering is required
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections,
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance,
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.