Location: Athens or Patras | Greece
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: Up to 1 Year
Employment Status: Full Time
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
Think Silicon, an Applied Materials company, is seeking an experienced architect with a strong hardware background to architect and model a highly scalable deep learning accelerator for our next-generation GPUs and AI Processors. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional engineering and product teams to identify and gather requirements and you will partner with teams to model and architect novel accelerators, and systems.
- Build functional, performance models in C/C++ for AI accelerators
- Responsible for the architecture and micro-architecture specification development
- Accountable for performance estimation and modeling of AI workloads
- Collaborate closely with other key software and hardware architects on architectural pathfinding, and definition of system/hardware architectural specification.
- Responsible for conducting sector research on trend and custom requirements for machine learning algorithms and accelerators.
Required SkillsWe expect a candidate to have the following skills:
- Strong foundation in computer architecture, micro-architecture design, and performance analysis with an emphasis on hardware/software co-design.
- Strong software skills and proficiency in C/C++ and a scripting language such as Python. Experience working on performance model development and experimentation (GPU or CPU)
- Knowledge and experience with AI benchmarks and workloads
- Experience in hardware and RTL implementation (System Verilog) is a big plus
- Knowledge in compiler design and machine learning compiler optimizations
- Strong communication, influence, and negotiation skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to understand and solve problems leveraging cross-stack optimizations from algorithms to silicon
- Experience in Deep Learning frameworks like (PyTorch, and TensorFlow is a big plus)
- Self-directed, ability to work with minimal supervision
About Applied Materials
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.