Location: 14 locations
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience:4 - 7 years
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics and AI IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Athens, Greece with offices in Patras & Thessaloniki (Greece), Taipei, Toronto, Austin, and Santa Clara.
Think Silicon’s ultra-low power NEMA GPU architecture is used to build and deploy leading solutions for a broad range of visual computing applications for embedded consumer and industrial systems for wearables in sports, healthcare, home automation, entertainment, AR/VR/MR, and datacenter.
The primary objective of this new role is to manage the daily activities of the Application Engineer (AE) team assessing the technical needs of our semiconductor customers during all faces of the product life cycle; from product delivery to customers and training to integration into customer SoC/silicon tape-out and to silicon bring-up/deployment of SoC into the End Products.
As Application Engineer Manager of this group, you should ensure that the AE team provides customers the right level of support, thus enabling successful/on-time tape-outs and deployment of high-quality/performance SoCs into the End Products. You will be also requested to grow the team in other regions with proximity to our customers.
A combination of strong software & hardware technical skills along with communication skills is essential. This is a frontline position based in the EU supported by the product development team.
- Lead post-sales customer support activities.
- Review Out of the Box Product Releases and provide feedback to the Product Development Team regarding Quality, Functionality, and Documentation.
- Provide strong technical expertise to customers, AE team, and Product Development members.
- Train customer engineers and/or other AEs.
- Perceived by customers as a consultant during their development process.
- Establish a regular cadence of technical review meetings with customers and leverage such meetings to gather feedback about the customers’ product plans, roadmaps, and relevant silicon requirements, and communicate intelligence to the product groups.
- Assist customers in the evaluation of silicon and/or software performance in a system.
- Travel to customer sites is expected as safety protocols allow.
- Make recommendations for disruptive improvement to products and roadmap.
- Contribute to the research of competition and help to assess the pros/cons of competitive offerings, then assist in the generation of collateral to identify device/system-level differentiation.
- Network with internal and external contacts in the area of expertise, and frequent inter-organizational contact.
- Maintain/enhance Customer Support ticketing system in collaboration with DevOps.
- Technical knowledge of graphics processing units, applications, and markets.
- Technical expertise in SoCs, CPU, and Custom Processor architectures like ARM, RISC-V, CEVA, Tensilica, ARC, and MIPS, processor architectures. GPU experience will be considered a plus.
- Hardware design skills with the ability to guide customers’ hardware architectures.
- Embedded Software programming experience with a solid foundation in software aspects of the solution (e.g. RTOS, Linux, OpenGL/CL, and abstraction layer), including enablement from 3rd party providers.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to facilitate both direct and matrix organizations in completing projects to specifications and on schedule.
- Capable of challenging the status quo to affect improvements and changes that will enhance the product and revenue with strong influence & interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Agile methodology and its tools and techniques (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Experience to create a synthesis of collected knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
There are many great reasons to work in Athens and we offer a competitive relocation package to help you relocate/return to Greece. Additionally, the candidate could benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial Savings benefits,
- Health Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunities for minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2021 Revenue: $23.1 billion
- Fiscal 2021 R&D: $2.5 billion