Athens or Patras, Greece
Location: Athens or Patras, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree
Experience: 10 - 15 years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for a Senior Embedded AI/Machine Learning Software Engineer to join our team. This is a full time, permanent role.
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a Senior Embedded AI/ML Software Engineer in Think Silicon SA, you will be part of a fast-scaling R&D team, responsible for developing solutions for AI/ML-related products. As an integral part of the engineering teams, you will design, develop and optimize libraries for the company’s embedded accelerators.
- Development of software in C and C++ for MCU-based embedded systems
- Design and verification of firmware/embedded software on AI platforms
- Adaptation of established AI/ML-related algorithms to custom HW architectures
- prototype/proof-of-concept implementations
- Assurance of AI platforms meeting required functionality and performance goals
- Development of software drivers/APIs and algorithms
- Provision of technical guidance for system analysis and identification of optimization opportunities
- Support validation and benchmarking plans
- 7+ years of relative experience
- BS/MS in computer engineering, information technology or mathematics
- Solid experience in C/C++ programming in embedded systems
- Deep understanding of AI/ML algorithms
- Experience with source code management and ticket management (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Self-driven, proactive and motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English
- Basic understanding of computer graphics concepts.
Tools & Technologies
- Massively parallel hardware processing architectures
- GCC/LLVM toolchains and debugging tools on Linux platforms
- AI/ML frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow)
- AI/ML algorithms
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.