Location: Athens, Greece
Employment Status: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
About the Job
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries, their engineering solutions are used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Greece with offices in Patras and Athens. Since Think Silicon’s founding in 2007, it has continued to grow, and we currently have an exciting, full-time, permanent opportunity for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer position.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in Think Silicon SA, you will be part of a fast scaling R&D team, responsible for developing solutions for the company’s IPs. You will work as an integral part of the engineering teams to design, develop and optimize libraries for the company’s embedded accelerators.
- We offer a very generous relocation package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Design and develop software in C and C++ for MCU based embedded systems
- Verify that systems meet required functionality, quality, and performance goals
- Create prototype/proof of concept implementations
- System bring-up and adaptation
- Work in cooperation with other Hardware/Software teams
- Provide technical guidance for system analysis and identify optimization opportunities
- Support validation and benchmarking plans
- 8+ years of relative experience
- BS/MS in computer engineering or information technology
- Solid experience in C/C++ programming in embedded systems is a must
- A deep understanding of embedded systems’ concepts (RTOS, bare metal, etc) is a must
- 32-bit RISC processor architectures such as ARM, RISC-V
- Memory types
- Toolchains (GCC, LLVM, Keil, IAR)
- Experience with debugging/profiling tools is a must
- Understanding of computer graphics concepts is a plus
- Experience with massively parallel hardware processing architectures is a plus
- Experience with source code management and ticket management (e.g. Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Self-driven, proactive, and motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Good communication skills, verbal and written English
Why choose Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company
When you work at Think Silicon, An Applied Materials Company, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunities for minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.